Th 7, 01 thg 7|
SYNTHESIS APPROACH OF ANCIENT YOGA - A TEACHER TRAINING
La Vie Est Belle and the entire teaching team present you with a 300h yoga training course with 9 weeks of in-person learning in Shankar Prasad Ashram with the opportunity to continue an optional 5 weeks of ashram life experience to deepen antaranga yoga at Bihar School of Yoga at the end of 2024.
Time & Location
8:00 01 thg 7, 2023 – 8:00 31 thg 8, 2023
Gokarna, Hanehalli, Gokarna, Karnataka 581319, Ấn Độ
About the Event
To begin, we would like to share a story. In Vedanta, there is a story about a lion cub who was accidentally born, left behind and raised among sheep. Without a mirror to see who he really was, he grew up carrying all the characteristics and habits of sheep. Once, an old lion was passing through a herd of sheep and found it strange that the cub was engrossed in playing. He took the lion cub to the lake to see how he really is. The lion cub roared with a loud roar that shook the mountains. He finally realized who he really was.
The story is like an example of the path of yoga, which is a journey of transformation and returning to the source within oneself. For those who aspire to become a yoga teacher, it must be counted in years, not just weeks of study.
Gandhi said, “Everybody thinks about changing the world, but no one thinks about changing himself.”
Swami Sivananda teaches about spiritual path in six golden words: "Serve, Love, Give, Purify, Meditate, and Realize".
These are the aims of the course to accompany you in a part of this life-long journey. With a lot of preparation in advance, La Vie Est Belle and the entire teaching team present you with a 300h yoga training course with 9 weeks of in-person learning in Shankar Prasad Ashram with the opportunity to continue an optional 5 weeks of ashram life experience to deepen antaranga yoga at Bihar School of Yoga at the end of 2024.
🏵️ORIENTATION OF THE COURSE
- A comprehensive course on the ancient yoga path with a practical approach
- A yogic lifestyle for daily self-transformation for the experienced and those about to go on their journey to becoming a yoga teacher, as well as to deepen their spiritual practices.
- Yoga teacher training course for those who want to go slow and deep and who believe that the journey of self-transformation is the first priority, when being a yoga teacher.
- You will get a certificate of 300h teacher training course after you complete 300h of teaching practice in at least one year from the course closing ceremony.
🏵️DURATION - LOCATION
- Full-time offline training: 9 weeks of in-person training at Shakar Prasad Ashram.
- Date: 1 July 2023 - 31 Aug 2023
- Optional 1 month visiting and experience ashram life at Bihar School of Yoga to deepen sadhana and antaranga yoga at the end of 2024
- Course Training Location: Shankar Prasad Ashram, (near Gokarna) Bankikodla Post, Hanehalli Village, Kumta Taluk, Karwar District, Karnataka, 581319, India.
🏵️TUITION, FOOD AND ACCOMODATION FEES
- To make sure the well-being and personal development activities come to different people at different financial situations, instead of a fixed fee, we encourage participants to decide their own contribution based on their financial ability and consideration of the value they received. 50% of the course profit will go to Swami Yogaratna’s Shankar Prasad Foundation and the charitable Muddu Play School for local children, Gokarna, India, which was also founded by Swamiji.
- Your financial contribution includes tuition fees, food and accommodation at the Shankar Prasad ashram; Excluding India visa costs, round trip travel between your country and India, travel expenses and other personal expenses.
🏵️ REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- Participants who have practiced yoga seriously for at least one year have stable physical and mental health.
- Participants are required to participate fully in the course schedule and activities and complete all the assignments.
- The slots are limited to selected students.
🏵️ TRAINING CONTENT
- Awareness and self-awareness
- Social awareness
- Chanting Mantra & Kirtan
- Relax and rest with yoga nidra
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Hatha yoga theory
- Yoga Philosophy
- Bhagavad - Gita
- The art of teaching and sharing yoga
- Yoga overview for special application and common diseases
- Karma yoga
- Nature as a teacher
- The practice of teaching and sharing yoga
- How to help students
🏵️ DAILY ROUTINE (may vary slightly depending on the learning module)
- 4:30: wake up
- 4:45 - 5:30: pranayama breathing exercises
- 5:30 - 6:30: sitting meditation / walking
- 6:30 - 8:00: asanas and pranayama / Kriyas
- 8:00 - 9:00: have breakfast and rest
- 9:00 - 10:00: karma yoga
- 10:00 - 12:00: morning class
- 12h00 - 13h30: lunch and lunch break
- 13h30 - 14h30: karma yoga (practice or philosophy)
- 14h30 - 16h00: afternoon class
- 16h00 - 17h30: asanas and pranayama
- 17h30: quiet light dinner
- 18h30 - 20h00: Meditation /& Mantra, Kirtan
- Every Sunday is lazy day, no activity
- Courses may vary by day and by semester
- Step 1: Fill in this form and send over your official CV to the email address:
- Step 2: Receive confirmation of participation
- Step 3: Transfer the F&B, accommodation & tuition fee you intend to contribute
- Step 4: Student to receive pre-course assignments and information to prepare
Note: selection process will be carried out, so please make sure you don't book flights and visa until you receive confirmation email from LVB.
Contact us: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: +84 35 871 1448
🏵️ ABOUT INSTRUCTORS
🍀SWAMI YOGARATNA SARASWATI
Swami Yogaratna Saraswati was trained as a sannyasin - a yoga nun from the Bihar Shool of Yoga - founded by Swami Satyananda Saraswati - a direct disciple of Swami Sivananda in Rishikesh. Swami Yogaratna was born in Paris and raised in India, her parents are Australian. She attended high school in Bombay, then she studied arts, education and linguistics in Australia. After a period of research and education, she developed the heart to devote her entire life to a spiritual journey.
In 1984, she attended Bihar School of Yoga, Atma Darshan Yogashram, and received "sannyasa diksha" the following year. She is well trained in all the traditional systems of Bihar schools: yoga, yoga nidra, meditation, yoga therapy, and Indian spirituality. She has been an "a sannyasin sevak" in the ashram for over 20 years, assisting in running the ashram, doing yoga therapy and spiritual counseling, and organizing classes for a variety of audiences including individuals and organization. She has conducted Yoga teacher training courses, edited the ashram's Atmabha magazine, and founded the ELA reforestation project.
In 2005, she was blessed by the Guru to become an independent sannyasin with the Bihar School of Yoga. Since then, Swami Yogaratna has taught Yoga programs throughout South India and abroad. She has spent several years developing specialist centers and departments focused on combining yoga knowledge with natural healing, Ayurvedic, and humanitarian work.
She provides classes to individuals, organizations and instructs at the Shankar Prasad Ashram which she founded and is in charge of.
🍀 MANGALA LE THI THANH PHUC: Phuc is an art lover, a daughter of nature and a spiritual practitioner. Phuc used to work 9 years as an international project manager and a trainer for a multinational company around major cities in Asia. After that she switched her career path to sustainability and spirituality focusing on human and community development.
Phuc has a training background and has been facilitating meditation and classical yoga activities for more than 10 years. Phuc uses classical synthesis of yoga, meditation-awareness, and nature as approaches to help one reconnect with their own inner and outer nature. She loves to stimulate in each person love and beauty as well as shadow, helping people to realize their most vivid and authentic nature inside.
Phuc is a long time student of Bihar School of Yoga in India, a Yoga Siromani certified by Sivananda Yoga International and Yoga Nidra Teacher certified by Shankar Prasad Ashram (India). Phuc is the co-founder of La Vie Est Belle, she speaks Vietnamese, French and English.
🍀 SWAMI DHARMAKEERTI: Swami Dharmakeerti Saraswati (Dr. Usha Sundaram) is a psychiatrist by profession and lifelong disciple of Bihar School of Yoga. She was initiated into spiritual life by Paramahamsa Sri Swami Satyananda Saraswati.
Swami Dharmakeerti combines ancient wisdom with practical, experiential knowledge and makes this wisdom applicable in everyday modern life.
She travels extensively around India and North America teaching and sharing deep insights about life, spirituality, and the human experience. She brings message that Divinity is all around us. She urges us lovingly to connect with these forces so we can experience the best of ourselves and life
🍀 SATYADEVI HOÀNG THANH THUY (bio to be updated)
🍀 SUDEEPTA SHANBHAG
Sudeepta Shanbhag is a life – long practitioner of yoga and meditation, an avid terrace gardener and nature traveler. A healing yoga nidra practice during a health crisis as well as a transformative pain relief experience in her 30s led her to specialize in a year long yoga nidra training program.
She is a mother to energetic twin boys who help her appreciate the practice of sitting in stillness. She is the co-founder at Eka Meditation App which brings subtler practices to people across the world as well as yoga nidra in regional languages of India. Her intention is to share the inward focused practices that she has used over the years to build awareness of the self and the transformation that comes with it. She has collaborated with many institutions to teach in training programs, specifically anatomy, physiology, asana, pranayama and yoga nidra over the last 8 years. She also mentors her students to guide them on their journey.
Sudeepta previously had a decade long career as a bio-mechanical researcher and engineer in addition to business analysis. During her MS at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, she was also actively involved in teaching engineering concepts to students and teachers.
She teaches classes for all populations including special needs - children and adults. She is in particular interested and invested in improving women's health through the practice of yoga at every stage of life.
🍀 Professor NACHIKET SHANKAR
Nachiket Shankar is a Doctor and Professor in the Department of Anatomy at St. John’s Medical College under St. John's National Academy of Health Sciences in Bangalore, India. He has a keen interest in medical education and research methodology. He is one of the coordinators of the simulation centre and is an active member of the Research Society and Department of Medical Education at St. John’s. He enjoys teaching, music, and sports.
- SHANKAR PRASAD ASHRAM: Shankar Prasad Ashram is an ashram in Gokarna, Karnataka, India. The ashram offers yoga classes, yoga nidra, yoga therapy, meditation, and teacher training courses. The ashram also operates an organic farm and non-profit school for children in Muddu village, Goa, India.
- LA VIE EST BELLE: La Vie Est Belle is a karma school and educational space that supports participants to experience nature inside and outside each of us through experiential activities such as meditation practice, yoga, the art of expression, connecting with self - people - nature, and living a simple, sharing, harmonious and self-directed lifestyle. La Vie Est Belle organizes daily activities, monthly courses, teacher training courses, and space for events of the same value
Please find the details and registration of the course via this link: